Sunday 15 September 2013

Crafternoon Tea

Hi everyone!
Today I hosted a day for some of my friends who are creatively inclined to come and enjoy an afternoon of craftiness. Which I called a 'crafternoon tea'! It was heaps of fun :) Some of the ladies had never really stamped before, and some were seasoned crafters... but it was great to make a few cards and just get ideas off each other. I was so engrossed in the day, that I actually forgot to take pictures! Lucky Minda got her camera phone out!

Here is what each place setting looked when the guests arrived- with all supplies needed for their 'make and take' card.

And then here are Minda's cards. The one on the right is the one we all made together- the second is one that Minda 'CASEd' (Copy and Stamp Everything). It was a great afternoon.


I had some time to sit and create something too- and this is what I came up with:



 I had seen this Make it Monday video aaaaaages ago- and thought it was about time I gave it a go. Since I don't have any circle dies, i had to punch the windows which restricted the placement of the holes that you can see in the card front. It's an unusual place for me to put a focal point...but I think it works OK :?
What I like about this card- the colour combo I used (rare for me). All that plain white space above the focal point..
What I don't like about it: All that white space!!!
I dunno- it is sometimes hard for me to leave a finished card alone. But this time, I resisted the temptation to add something extra.
What do you think?!
Here you can see that the acetate window kinda gives you a sneak peek at the sentiment inside. I like that :)


Here is a close-up of the focal point. I adhered the die-cut butterfly to the acetate window using glossy accents.



Here is the sentiment on the inside. September is a month of birthdays for the heads of our families (both sets of parents' birthdays fall within 10 days of each other- 4 presents later....very poor kids!) So I am sure this card will be going to a loving Mother..Havent yet decided whether it'll be my Mum or the Hubby's...


Anyway- hope you likey!

Preeya


Supplies- Card: Stampin Up! Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum, Coastal Cabana, BErmuda bay (SU!)
Other: Acetate, Memory Box butterfly die, glossy accents, SU scallop circle punch, and circle punch

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love PTI and you have done some brilliant work with the products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments Kirsty! Made my day :)

      Delete